5 tips on how to get over your crush
- Distract yourself with other things but don’t go looking to fall for a new person!
- Indulge in an existing hobby or watch good movies, maybe avoid the romantic ones for a while, but binge away on OTTs.
- Take a trip–travel helps a lot as you go to new places and meet new people.
- Your life might just turn around from the tour!
Talk about your feelings to a friend
- Bottling up your feelings will not help you in any way, but rather push you toward depression.
- Own up to what you are feeling. Let yourself feel sad knowing that your crush does not feel the same way as you.
- Share your feelings with a friend, discuss with them if they’ve been in a similar situation, and if so how did they overcome it.
Give importance to yourself
- Make yourself feel special. Do the things you love and enjoy.
- Pamper yourself with some self-care, meditate to calm the mind, and eat the foods you love.
- Go get a fancy haircut to feel expensive, or go shopping for a new pair of shoes or clothes that you totally don’t need!
- This will give you the confidence that you are enough by yourself.
Distance yourself from your crush
- Minimize contact with the person and if possible create physical distance from the person.
- If you work together or are in the same class, try not to sit with them.
- If you know about their routine, change yours so that you don’t end up meeting them too often.
- Ever heard of the saying out of sight out of mind? It applies well here!
Friendship is not a consolation prize
- You might want to be friends with the person just to make them a part of your life.
- But remember it will only make things harder for you.
- Get closure over your “relationship status” which was never there in the first place.
- Although it is difficult to end something that never began, look for ways to gather the situation and work an ending.